In December 2017, non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity founded in Georgia, the Association of Georgian Organic Agricultural Producers of Georgia, was created with an enthusiastic idea, which implies:
- Promotion of organic production methods throughout the country;
- Reducing the harmful effects of conventional agriculture on human and environmental health.
Our vision is to create a healthy future for Georgia and aspire to:
- To promote local organic production in small and medium-sized farmers, producers of agriculture products, cooperatives and households by raising awareness about organic agriculture practices;
- Providing technical support for member organizations, promoting sustainable methods for the production of agricultural products;
- Increase awareness on the advantages of locally produced organic products and on environmental benefits of organic production;
- Become a bridge between the organic producers of Georgia and local or international customers.
Our mission is to develop production of organic agriculture products in Georgia.
- Utilization of organic agriculture products production potential of Georgia;
- Agriculture adapted to the changing climate;
- Avoiding the use of harmful chemical substances;
- Sustainable agriculture;
- Introduction of new practices in agriculture;
- Promote the production of non-genetically modified products;
- Care for human health;
- Environmental care;
- Creating a healthy living environment.
- Developing and strengthening cooperation with local and foreign donor organizations and associations;
- Conduct research on organic food production in Georgia and carry out relevant activities with the partner and member organizations;
- Raising awareness about the importance of organic food in agro-producers and in society.